Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Woodland Animal Babies Quilt for New Baby Grandson Dec. 2017

Woodland Babies Quilt
As if I hadn't done enough applique quilting in 2017, I decided that I loved this cute little woodland animals pattern and so I set out to make it for our new baby grandson, Dax who was due in December 2017.


Woodland Animal blocks

Went with the blue background for the hedgehog

The blue owl was fun to make along with the tree stump and the mushroom.

The first mushroom I made was pink as the directions called for, but I changed it to red instead. 

The beginnings of the raccoon block

Foxy 



Our darling little baby himself! :D
After ironing on the applique pieces, I made the squares for the scrappy border.

I decided on yellow  4 inch squares for the corners of the border.


Sewing on the scrappy border. Lots of seams to watch out for.

Then it was time to cut the light blue Minkee backing to the correct size., and pin the whole thing together with the batting in between the layers.

Time to quilt each animal block.

I stitched each background differently, meanders on one, waves on another and so on. I quilted the tree stump and on the bodies of the animals; Satin stitch around the outlines of the animals, zigzag stitch on the edges of the flowers and leaves.



The size of the completed baby quilt is 40" X 46"

I love how this little quilt turned out and I think that there will be many hours spent enjoying it! :)







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home