Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dr. Seuss Quilt Top Part 2

The Dr. Seuss/ Pinwheel quilt top is now completed.  I pinned it all together today and it is now ready to be machine quilted.


Quilt blocks with the first border

I ended up buying 8 inches of red fabric to make a narrow 1 inch border around the cat in the hat first border. Then I added a 4 inch Dr. Seuss character border around the whole thing, (featuring "Thing 1 and Thing 2"!   :)



Completed quilt top with all 3 borders

I had bought enough of the"Thing 1 and Thing 2" fabric to use on the back of the quilt as well. Then I plan on using the excess   back fabric to make a mock binding around the edge of the quilt, once I have finished machine quilting it.  It will blend in with the outer border.



It's quite a bright and busy quilt, but I like it. It will be finding a home sometime in March with a new baby that is due then.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home