Friday, December 30, 2011

Little Boy Blue Baby Afghan

Angel Wings Pattern



This pattern is from the Creative Knitting Magazine, May 2009 issue.



This baby afghan took me many weeks to complete. The angel wings pattern is 24 mostly different rows  with 20 stitches repeated 6 times in each row. It has the pearl stitch along the outer edge.

It isn't for the faint of heart, believe me! I made a yellow one in the same pattern a few months previously for my little (soon-to-arrive) baby granddaughter (before we knew she was going to be a girl. :) 
This blue one is for her twin brother. 

I have learned the skill of knitting "on the road", LOL!  (As a passenger of course.) This little blue blanket has travelled to Calgary and back home here many times.
The little yellow one  traveled even further. It went all the way to Penticton, BC and back, then all the way to Thompson, Manitoba and back, as well as to Calgary a time or two while it was being completed. :)

Next time... I will choose a pattern that is a bit easier so I can watch TV at the same time or have a conversation at the same time without having to stop and re-count stitches or worse, unknit and re-knit stitches quite so often!  I love how it turned out, but  after making two, I don't think I ever want to make this particular pattern again.

Although, now that our grandbabies have made their debut into the world and I see them wrapped up in their angel wings afghans, I must admit it was worth every minute of work! 







Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 9, 2012 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Carola.... and every stitch is bound with Grandma's love!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home