Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Heartland Quilt Show

Our quilt guild had an enjoyable, successful quilt show last weekend (June 13 and 14, 2014). What a lot of work and organization, but a good event for showcasing quilts and socialization of like minded (quilt-loving) people!

I had just finished my kitty quilt "Tabby's Place",  made up of foundation pieced blocks with a bird fabric border.  (The irony in that choice of border being that I am frequently concerned about the nesting birds here on our acreage which our cats are sometimes too curious about. Have been known to chase my cats away from the birdhouses, broom in hand. :)


Tabby's Place" wallhanging 29" X 44"



























My other entry for the quilt shoe was my big Diamonds Jubilee bargello quilt. (104" X 105")
Did not walk away with any ribbons or anything special other than the elated feeling of seeing my handiwork displayed, especially this bargello quilt which I invested many many hours of time into creating. I am also proud to say that I machine quilted this giant on my own regular sewing machine after much rolling and re-rolling of this quilt, (and many spools of thread later…)


Diamonds Jubilee Bargello quilt on display at the Stettler Quilt show June 13/14, 2014







































Now I am finishing up a little baby quilt for our grand-niece's new baby girl called Chloe Grace who graced the world with her arrival on Sat. June 14. More about that quilt in the next blog. :)








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home