Thursday, May 21, 2020

Paris Match (2018)

Paris Match Quilt Top only

I loved this pattern from the first time I saw it in the Quilt magazine.  I love how the blocks go together to form pinwheels when there are actually no pinwheel blocks made at all! :D




 
Paris Match

Pattern June/July 2012 edition of MCCall's Quick Quilts page 9These are 8 inch blocks made from 2 1/2 X 4 1/2 " inch rectangles. There are 4 different blocks. Each block has 1 or 2 flying geese blocks within it (2 1/2 X 4 1/2").
The fabric I used was: 
Cream print
Orange maple leaves
Rust dots
Small Leaf print 
Solid dark red (flying geese centres)


Block A

Block B 


Block C

Block D

The pattern calls for 6 rows or 6 blocks each to make a square quilt, 48" X 48" and then you add 9 1/2 inch mitered borders.
After sewing all my rows together (Using the complicated assembly diagram on page 11 of that McCall's Quick Quilt issue), I decided it would be a more practical as a rectangular throw size, so I made 12 extra blocks (repeating rows 4 and 5 again). Then I added row 6 back on to the end for a quilt top that measure 48" X 64" without the outer borders.
 
F

Finished Paris Match throw quilt top 



I added a 2 inch cream inner border and used up most of the rest of the rust dots fabric (which I love) on the 4 inch wide outer border. 
The quilt top measures 60" X 76 1/2"

Yet to be made into a quilt.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home