Saturday, April 10, 2010

Quilted Diaper bags

Baby diaper bags that I designed and quilted.

First baby diaper/ tote bag

Second baby tote bag


A few months earlier I had taken 2 evening quilting classes to learn how to quilt a tote bag (which turned out well, I think... :) (photo later.) I still had quite a bit of fabric leftover after completing baby quilts # 1, 2 and 3. And , as I mentioned, I don't like for things to go to waste, so I decided to use up some of the spare fabric and make a diaper/ tote bag.
I cut out a bunch of squares mainly from the 'Princess' quilt fabric and put some of them side by side to see how it could look. Then I used the same directions to make my first tote bag only smaller. It turned out really cute, don't you think?! (It was also completed in March of 2009.)


I made a second diaper/ tote bag this time out of the leftover flying geese blocks from the pink 'Flying Geese baby quilt and other left over fabric from that quilt. It was completed in April 2009. The bags actually are easier to make than the quilts and I really enjoy creating them! :)

The 'Flying Geese' quilt (and bag) is the only one that I still have of the 7 baby quilts I made last winter (2009). Couldn't part with it for some reason....
Well, okay the other reason is that the next few babies born to family and acquaintances were all boys.

The next 2 baby quilts I made that winter were more neutral colors because neither of the mothers-to-be wanted to find out ahead of time what the sex of their baby was. (Photos in next blog)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home