Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"Quilting for Babes"

My good friend JK sent me an interesting email the other day. It was a link to a Winnipeg Free Press article about a very kind and caring young woman in Winnipeg who decided to make baby/ preemie quilts for a hospital in Winnipeg after her own little baby was in care there for 3 weeks after his birth last July.

Here's the link for the Free Press article: ("She's Caring for Babies Like Others Did for Hers")

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/columnists/shes-caring-for-babies-like-others-did-for-hers-91892684.html

I emailed this very busy lady offering my help and she took the time to promptly email me back and thank me profusely! So yes, I am going to make a baby quilt for her wonderful altruistic project. The deadline for her "Quilting for Babes" is July 16th, her baby's birthday. I am in the process of chosing fabric from my stash and deciding on a pattern for it right now.

I went to her blog, "Magnolia Designs" and read some of the latest ones. The photos seem to indicate that the quilts are all in the pinwheel design, but I'm wondering if I can make my own design.....

Okay, the answer is YES. Just got a reply email! :) Thanks Kathy. (I wonder if she ever gets time to sleep???)


If you are interested in helping, you can reach Kathy Murray at magnoliadesigns@shaw.ca or just check out her blog.

Today I finished the outer border on the quilt top that I'm making for my sweet daughter's wedding memory quilt. I mitered the corners of the outer border, but had to take them apart several times and redo them before I was satisfied with them. Mitered corners look really nice ( the 2 sides meet at the corner on an angle), but are so much more work than regular corners. But I'm happy with it now!

I also am in the process of machine quilting my niece T's baby quilt. She is due in early June so I want that one done ASAP, just in case....

All for now! :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home