Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Quilting Withdrawal!


OMG! Major Trauma! I think I might be going into quilting withdrawal. LOL!
Had to take my sewing machine in to the sewing/ quilt store in town for repair/cleaning/ adjustment. My machine is skipping stitches like crazy!

Pinned together Dr. Seuss baby quilt

I did all the things my manual suggests, change your needle, re-thread your machine, change your thread, adjust your tension. None of these things worked.  But being stubborn, (one of my many fine qualities), I had to keep trying to sew with the darn thing. As you can see from the photos, I finished pinning my Dr. Seuss quilt top together with the batting and the Dr. Seuss "Thing1/ Thing2" fabric so I tried to machine quilt the pinwheel blocks diagonally, but what a mess. Of course I couldn't quit after one whole row, oh no!  Had to keep trying, so now I have THREE diagonal rows to rip out! (sigh!)

It will be 3 weeks before I get my machine back.... Guess I will have to dedicate my energy to knitting!  The long cardigan I started knitting for my daughter will be done a lot sooner than planned, LOL!

The good news, though, is that I did manage to finish quilting my "Modern Baby" pink & purple quilt before the machine really started acting up. I did have to back stitch a number of times to make up for the skipped stitches but it wasn't very often then. (The machine didn't seem to have as much difficulty with the pink thread as it did once I changed to the turquoise. Same thread- both Mettler silk finish 100% cotton thread. The only difference, the pink is a bigger spool. Go figure!)

Patchwork edging around the outer edge of the "Modern Baby" quilt

How do you like it?!?

I'm itching to start another "Towne Girl" purse. I have all the fabric picked out already, as well as some leftover batting pieces and I even bought the zipper.....  Too bad that has to wait now, too. Darn!









Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home