Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oh Where, Oh Where Can You Be?

Have been without my sewing machine for over a month now. Major trauma!  The only good part is that we have been away on vacation for 3 of those weeks so it's not as bad as it sounds. :)

I'm hoping to get my Pfaff back on Monday.... ( X fingers crossed! :)   In the meantime, I'm going to start cutting the fabric that I bought while on vacation in Sedona, Arizona, mostly brown, gold, green batik fat quarters.  I'm planning to make a spiral shaped table runner. I recently bought a 9 inch wedge shaped ruler which is required to do this pattern. Not sure how it will all turn out, but I have a master quilter friend who gave me a copy of the pattern and who has made it  herself (and taught a class to others,) so I have someone to call if I run into trouble...


There are 8 different fat quarters involved and each of them is cut into 4 strips. Each of the 8 fat quarters are different sized strips, though, so that means reading the directions CAREFULLY before cutting.

My daughter's Singer machine is here and was just newly cleaned and repaired so I might use it to sew the strips together for now. Only problem is, I can't seem to get the back stitch button to work.... :(  
But because I'll be using the wedge ruler to cut wedges out of the strip sets, I don't think it's necessary to back stitch the strips together anyway.

Okay, time to stop talking and get these strips ironed to get at it! :)



 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home