Saturday, April 9, 2011

Some Projects Completed/ New One Planned

 Took my old Pfaff in for repairs again but took it to Red Deer Sewing Centre this time. Hopefully they can fix it for a reasonable price.  But I took the big step into the modern world of sewing and quilting and I bought an new sewing machine there!  It's a beautiful Janome 7700 with lots of fabulous options...
After I 'test drive' it for a while, I'll critique it... LOL!


"Towne Girl" purse #2, just needs the zipper ends stitched down to the sides of the bag and the little copper buttons sewn on... :)




I almost finished the chevron baby bag today. I sewed the last pocket in the lining, then machine quilted the outsides of the bag to a large piece of batting. Next I trimmed the batting from around the edges of the bag. After that I pinned the handles to the ends of the bag and sandwiched the lining and the back outside with the right sides facing. I sewed a 1/4 inch seam around the whole thing and forgot to leave an opening on one side to turn the bag right side out, so I had to rip open 5 inches of the seam...
No harm done! After pressing it really well, the bag was open and lying flat. next step was to sew the sides of the bag (right sides facing.)
Ooops! Almost forgot the zipper!

  This is the front of the bag, made from the left over fabric from my "Modern Baby" quilt. Adapted from "Batik Bag" directions, downloaded from "Keepsakequilting.com"




Back of baby bag. Just need to sew in the zipper...


Fabrics selected for my next project... spring tulip place mats. :)

More about that next time! :)




I love my new Janome 7700!







Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home