Wednesday, May 5, 2010

T's completed Baby Quilt May 4, 2010



Finally completely finished our niece T's baby quilt last night. (Her baby boy is due in 4 weeks.) I am so pleased with how the little quilt turned out I almost want to keep it for myself! LOL!

The pattern was pretty simple and the blocks were mostly 9 inches in size so it went together quite quickly. It involved some fussy cutting to get nine 6 1/2" Panda squares, and to try and centralize some of the smaller animal squares, but I like the over all effect of the sky blue and the lime green.

I changed the pattern dimensions somewhat, reducing the original quilt pattern in size. This little 'baby' is 44" by 44" in size, (not 55" by 59 1/2" as in the original pattern- "Baby Signs" pg. 64, The Quilter magazine, July 2008 issue.) I rather like my version!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home