Saturday, June 4, 2011

New Spiral Table Runner #2 /May 2011

I  completed the new spicy spiral table runner (#2) in early May, this one for my daughter's birthday. :)  At Easter our grown children and their spouses were all here for the Easter weekend (along with our 'grand-dogs'. :)   I had my own "spicy spiral" table runner on the dining room table and both my daughter and step-daughter had commented on how beautiful it looked. I decided I would make them each one for their respective birthdays.

Spicy Spiral # 2 turned out beautifully; in fact I like it even better than the one that I had made for myself! LOL!

This time I had to cut all the wedges myself, (unlike the first time when my friend W helped me to cut them,) but it worked out fine. I have a small round table in the kitchen so I put my cutting mat on there, laid out the fabric stratas, (Stratas are the sewn together strips of fabric)  and just walked around the table to cut the opposite sides of the wedges as needed.  Worked great! :)

After quilting my daughter's table runner, I used the left over wedge pieces and made myself a small table runner out of them. I'm not sure that I like it though....  It looks too small, more like a funny shaped place mat.  I already enveloped it together with the batting and back fabric, but think I might take it apart again, add some fabric on the sides and make it longer....

Then I cut more fabric strips and sewed together another set of 4 strata to make a spicy table runner for my step-daughter's birthday which is not until September so I have some time to work on it. (No photo forthcoming for now of #3.)

Oops! Just realized I don't even have a photo of runner #2! Guess I was keeping it too much of a secret, LOL!  Will have to ask my daughter to take a photo of it and email it to me so I have a record of it for my quilting scrap book/ album.

(Much later...)
AH! Here it is at last. :)



3 Comments:

At April 21, 2012 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Mom Christensen said...

With six fabrics, did you just change the width of the strips for the strata? I have seven fabrics I like, but no way for eight. Curious how to do it.

 
At April 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM , Blogger CarolaD said...

Hi Mom Christensen,
All of my strips for strata were the same width, just different lengths. (I used a 24 inch wedge ruler.)
The pattern is called Spicy Table Runner and its from School House Quilts. You may be able to Google it and find the pattern on the internet if you are interested it making it. :)
CarolaD

 
At April 23, 2012 at 10:07 AM , Blogger CarolaD said...

Here is the link for an earlier Post with some directions for making the runner:

http://carolasquilting.blogspot.ca/2011/03/spicy-spiral-table-runner.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home