Sunday, February 19, 2012

February's Raggy Quilt

I finished my latest raggy quilt earlier this week. It turned out well, I think, very colorful and bright! My photos don't really depict the colors as accurately as I'd like, but they do give an idea of the finished product. After I wash it for the first time, the edges will look more raggy.



The blocks are 5 inches square with about a half inch raggy edging.

Here is a view of the back:


At first I thought I would just make all the backs of the blocks the same, out of the turquoise flannel, but I ran short and had some extra animal squares, so I came up with this.

I matched each solid orange square with an animal square on the back. (On all the other squares, I put the solid turquoise on the back.)  

The finished quilt measures 30" by 30 " inches.  

I call this a "quilt" but the only real quilting done on it was the diagonal line quilted across the centre of each block to hold the batting in the centre of each block in place.



I have 3 raggy quilts now, ready to go to 3 babies about to make their entrances some time this month. I hope that at least one of these babies will be a girl as one of the quilts has pink on the blocks. :) 

(None of these 3 mothers chose to find out the gender of their babies... rather uncommon today, but perfectly fine!  It's amazing what technology can do in this day and age, but no ultra-sound is 100% accurate. Waiting until the birth is the only way to determine that 100%. And maybe some people love the anticipation of not knowing, or maybe just don't want the rest of us to know till then! :)


Unknown baby girl recipient...

I really like this little quilt! It is the 3rd one I made, the first 2 went to my twin grandbabies.)
This little quilt is small and light... only 25 inches square and has only 2 layers of flannel, no batting.

We are leaving for vacation tomorrow, a much anticipated trip to Arizona and California, but I will be checking my email and Facebook occasionally for news of the 3 babies' arrivals.  Good luck for all young mothers about to give birth!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home