Sunday, April 15, 2012

Blazing Star Bazoople Baby

I finished the quilt top for T's baby quilt today. I call it the "Blazing Star Bazoople Baby" quilt.  I quite like how it turned out.  :)

This is my own pattern idea. I saw these star blocks in another pattern and used those directions to help my make these blocks, (although I didn't make the actual quilt itself which was a wedding quilt with 2 other kinds of blocks in it as well.)

 The look of a quilt top really changes from when the blocks are sewn together...


Friendship star blocks and Fussy cut Bazoople Animal blocks



To when a border is added around them...

Inner border has been added


To when the final border is added!

Outer border has been added

At first I had planned to just make this with the yellow dot border around it,  but I thought it looked too 'feminine'... and since this quilt is for a baby boy, I decided to tone the yellow down...

I added a 3 inch outer border, which minimizes the yellow, turning it into a 1 1/4 inch inner border.



Now I just need to put the blue/grey minkee fleece on the back and quilt it. :)  

The finished quilt top is 38" by 46" inches, but there will be 1/2 inch seams when adding the minkee fleece back to it, so the completed quilt will be: 37" X 45".

These star blocks are actually called "Friendship stars". The blocks are 8 inches square with seam allowance/ (7 1/2 inch blocks once they are sewn together...)

I like this "Friendship Block" quilt a lot and since I have quite a bit of the same fabric left, I am going to make some more star blocks, a few more fussy-cut bazoople animal blocks, and maybe make a few pinwheel blocks or something as well, arrange them all a bit differently and see what I come up with...
I love the creativity of quilting!  :)




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home