Sunday, June 13, 2010

Raggedy Ann Quilt top


















Red can be quite a bold color and this quilt top I just finished is exactly that! Lots of red and yellow. some green and dark blue. The fabric is mostly red and blue Raggedy Ann fabric and red jungle animal print with yellow sashing and a narrow yellow border, very vibrant  and colorful.

This quilt will be for another of my husband's nieces, JM  who is due in September, but since I devote most of my time in the summer to gardening, I am trying to get it done as soon as possible...  This next quilt will be about 41" by 44" in size when completed.




T's baby quilt which will be leaving here any day now as soon as that baby makes his appearance!


 The red one is similar to the baby quilt I finished not long ago for T, another niece (due any day now), which I really like. This first one was in blues and greens, much softer colors, but I know that J, the young mother to be does like red...
Because T is having a baby boy, I thought blues and greens would be a good fabric choice whereas J does not want to know the sex of her baby ahead of time.

These two quilts are both based on a pattern called "Baby Signs" from the Quilter's magazine July 2009 issue.


J's quilt will be finished  some time in the next few weeks. I made her a baby quilt last year for her first little guy, one of the "As You like It" patterns in the Bazoople animal fabric with yellow accents. It was about 34" square. (see April post).

I already have a design in mind with the same fabric and some of the same blocks, with different rows in between....  No one in mind for this one yet, but might just start a stash... in case we have our own grandchild  in the near future. :)
As they say, make it and they will come (from The Field of Dreams movie.) LOL!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home