Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Machine Quilting 'Facets of Time'

Facets of Time quilt, pinned and waiting to be quilted


Have been working pretty steadily on quilting my 'Facets of Time' quilt. I machine quilted 'in the ditch' around the 'wedges' (can't really call them squares). That took a while as the quilt had to be re-folded on an angle so many times to accommodate that.

After that I thought about which free motion patterns I might like to do around the borders.  My favourite one is a free motion butterfly pattern joined together by curliques. I set up my Janome for that, changed the needle,  decided on thread color and got started. I had nothing but trouble after that. The thread kept breaking as I tried to sew.  I cleaned under the plate, I adjusted the tension, and re-threaded the thread, but it kept happening again and again. Was my thread too old? I was at a loss and was getting frustrated! I have been using my Janome 7700 so much since I bought it 18 months ago and I think it likely needs to be cleaned and adjusted professionally now. Time to take it in to the Sewing Centre.


I set up my old Pfaff 1546 machine and that same thread worked perfectly on it. I have quilted 2 of the borders now without much difficulty and I am excited about finishing it! One last border to go! :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home