Friday, June 25, 2010

wedding quilt- almost done!


My daughter and son-in-law's wedding quilt is almost done now! I finished machine quilting it yesterday. The blocks are quilted' in the ditch' . I free motion quilted the outer triangles (called setting blocks or squares) with a colorful varigated thread in a viney leaf design. I quilted the 4 1/2 inch outer  sand border with a more subtle varigated gold and tan colored thread with a butterfly design.  hard to see on the photo, I know.  

This morning I cut 2 1/2 inch dark green strips and sewed them together to make the binding edge. I ironed the long strip lengthwise with wrong sides together and now it's ready to be sewn on the edge. 
But right now my garden is calling me! The weather is sunny and +22C so it's time to go out and finish putting mulch on the flower beds.....

The wedding memories quilt was completed on Saturday evening June 26 after working on it for 6 months! It looks really fabulous and I am pleased because of how much work I put into it! Well, okay, the quilt part is totally finished now, but the hanging pouch on the back is not. That will need to be done in the next 3 weeks so I can hand deliver it to my daughter and son-in-law when I visit them next.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home