Sunday, September 26, 2010

Baby quilt delivered, Another one pinned

J's Raggedy Ann/ Andy quilt completed Sept. 22/ 2010
Another baby quilt completed! Had the top done a while back but what with gardening demands and summer vacation to Europe, there hasn't been much time for quilting. Now once I get the fall clean up done on the garden (or if it rains!) I will have a lot more time to dedicate to my quilting.

I finished my little red and yellow Raggedy Ann/ Andy quilt (as I call it) as quickly as I could since J's baby boy arrived on time, but the quilt wasn't ready!  (I was busy finishing my friend JS's MS auction quilt for her fundraiser.) The baby quilt finally arrived at its destination 2 weeks after the birth of the baby which I guess is not too terrible. It was hand delivered this time though, instead of relying on Canada Post to do the deed, thanks to my step-daughter who was travelling to Saskatchewan to visit her grandmother. J sent me a message on Facebook and she indicated that she liked it. (Good! I had had some reservations because it is so brightly colored. )
The finished quilt is approx. 44 1/2" by 46"in size. I made the edging out of 2 1/4" strips of the leftover Raggedy Ann/Andy fabric.  The back is a white fabric with navy blue, red and yellow Teddy bears, beach balls, sailboats, cabanas and beach umbrellas on it.

Machine quilting the quilt roll...

Remember the little blue and green panda quilt that I made in June for our other niece? I loved that quilt so much that I made another similar quilt top. Today I finished sewing the back fabric, washed the kitchen floor and pinned the quilt together.  The finished quilt will be 44" by 45" in size.
No rush to finish quilting this one, thankfully, as I plan on keeping this one for myself. (You know the saying: "Build it and they will came"? Well, I'm going to test out that theory, LOL!)

Sandwiched panda quilt #2  (Sept. 26/2010)
 The block sizes are  9" x 3" (Lion rectangle blocks), 6'x6" (panda/ bamboo blocks) and 9" x9" (large panda & green blocks). The bubble blocks are 9"x6" except for the 4 corner blocks (3"x6").
Quilt details  


Last week I went to a fabulous quilt shop in Red Deer called "Sew You Like to Quilt" in Port O' Call mall where I bought some fabric for a quilt for Christmas. All the blocks are black on white or white on black with a dark brown square in the centre of each block.  ( It is from the MC Call's Quilting Magazine May/June 2010. It's called Paradigm Shift. This pattern calls for lime green squares in the centre of the blocks, but I don't really care for that color, so....!)


I washed and ironed all the fabric and am itching to get started on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home