Sunday, September 5, 2010

Quilting for babes = A huge Success July 2010

I am pleased to report that  I delivered the 2 little "Quilting for Babes" quilts that my daughter and I had made for Kathy Murray's wonderful project while visiting in Winnipeg in early July. My good friend J drove me over to Kathy's to make the delivery and Kathy invited us in for a chat and to meet her adorable baby boy.

She was so pleased by our small gesture and we were so impressed by all of her hard work with this fabulous non-profit  project which she has spent mega time and energy on for so long.  Kathy was planning on making the first delivery of the quilts to the hospital that very Friday!

But J and I were shocked to find out from her that the journalist who had initially interviewed her for the article in the Free Press was NOT interested in doing a follow up! What?!?!? How could the Free Press deny the public the news of the culmination of this fine project! Wasn't this the classic human interest story?!?

After we left Kathy's place, J and I talked about that and decided that something had to be done!  Unfortunately, I was flying home the next day, but J took that particular project on and phoned the editor of the Free Press and convinced him to send a reporter to the hospital that Friday for the big quilt hand over event!

And Kathy was so happy about our intervention on her behalf with the newspaper, that in the photo which the Free Press photographer took for the newspaper article, she is holding up my quilt for thousands of readers to see!  Here it is:

Kathy Murray holding her son and Carola's quilt!

I was absolutely thrilled!!! Wow!  Thanks, kathy! You made my day big time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home