Saturday, October 30, 2010

Black and White 'Paradigm Shift'

Here are the first 3 rows of the back and white blocks sewn together. They look really interesting don't you think?  After working on it for a few more days I finally sewed all seven rows of blocks.
Thankfully I am now wise enough in the ways of quilting to know that one needs to lay the pieces out before sewing the rows together for a final check. And thank heavens I did!

I had not noticed a mistake in block arrangements in the first 3 rows. There are 2 triangles the same which are touching each other.  Can you spot the mistake in the photo below??/
 Look carefully...





So I had to take a couple of blocks apart and switch a row and now I should have no conflicts! :)

See photo below:



Next time I make this quilt pattern, I will have to remember to make 44 blocks instead of 42. It was very difficult arranging these 42 blocks according to the pattern without having the same fabrics touching. With 2 extra blocks to insert as needed, it would have been much easier to arrange them.  (Live and learn...)


Some of the block details



Milo admiring the rows of blocks...
I really like the over all effect and with this arrangement I like how the light and dark parts of the blocks form ever increasing large squares throughout the top.

I have decided that I definitely will use this idea to create a baby quilt, with 2 colors ( not black) and maybe smaller blocks, instead of 8 5/8 inch blocks I would try and make 6 inch finished blocks.
More about that later!


Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 13, 2011 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

I love this quilt can you tell me where this pattern can be purchased as the magazine is no longer available. Thank you so much for sharing your work and for your help.

Wendy Rempel
Alberta Canada

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home