Monday, September 19, 2011

Newton's Lullaby Dreams quilt top

Star appliques have been ironed on
My version of the Newton's Lullaby Dreams quilt top is almost finished now. The outer border is on now and as well as the 8 applique stars. In the photo the stars look very bright compared with the pale yellow star fabric that they are on top of. On the actual quilt top, that fabric is not that pale. (My camera seems to be exaggerating the darker colours and under doing the pale colours.)



I just need to sew a blanket stitch around the stars now and I'll be ready to 'sandwich the quilt top to the batting and the back fabric. After that comes the fun of machine quilting it (... said 'tongue in cheek', LOL!) Actually this little quilt top should be pretty easy to quilt.  Still tossing ideas around in my mind about  the best way to do that.....



Close up showing quilt details before the stars were added.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home