Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Baby Girl's Quilt Top/ Fabric Problem

Have got the majority of my little baby granddaughter-to-be's quilt top made aside from the outer border.


Baby Girl's quilt top with inner border only


There's a bit of a problem with the fabric, the pink 'large Newton's Lullaby Dream' has an L-shaped tear in it about an inch long. I noticed it when I was ironing it after I had washed it on Sunday. Could I have done that in the wash, I wondered? My washer is front load (no agitator to catch on), and the only thing in the load was the back fabric and the border fabric. In the drier there were some socks and t-shirts with it, nothing sharp.  Could we have damaged it in the transport from The Sewing Room in Calgary? 
I can work around it as I need to cut 5 inch strips anyway.

What is more disturbing is the back fabric!  It's 1 1/2 meters of the mauve 'small Newton's' fabric and it has fade marks on it. There's a fade stripe right down the middle of it where the fabric was folded on the bolt and also 2 fade marks where you can see it had been wrapped on the bolt! Can't use it in that condition for the back of a tiny baby's new quilt!  So it's coming back to Calgary with me tomorrow when I go for the Adult Literacy Symposium there and we'll be returning it to the Sewing Room, the store where it was purchased to see if they will give us a replacement in better shape.

Right now I am busy sewing around the pink applique star on the quilt top. It looks cute and I hope that it can be completed in a satisfactory manner....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home