Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Newton's Lullaby Dreams Baby Girl Quilt Top- Completed


My baby granddaughter's Newton's Lullaby Dreams  quilt top


As the title suggests, I have now completed the little quilt top for my soon-to-arrive baby granddaughter's quilt top. :)
My daughter and I brought the defective Newton's Lullaby Dream mauve fabric back to the Sewing Room, the quilt store in Calgary where we had purchased it. The store manager there was very understanding and very willing to make restitution.  We looked at the original bolt of fabric, which my daughter had her heart set on using for the quilt back, and much of it had the same fade mark along the fold. We did manage to get a piece that looked better than most of it, with only a little fading. It should be just enough for me to use for the back but there will be very little to spare. It will be 'touch and go', I think, to quilt this little quilt, but I did manage with the yellow Newton's Dream quilt that I had made recently for my soon-to-arrive grandson, so I guess it's doable.

The manger gave us a refund on the faded piece of Newton's fabric and she also gave us 50% off on the new piece that we took home! We thought that that was very generous and we will definitely continue shopping there.

Here's their website if you are interested in checking it out:
www.mysewingroom.ca

I enjoyed the Adult Literacy Symposium and drove home from Calgary on late Saturday afternoon.  I had won a door prize at one of my sessions, "Tongue FU", which was 2 CDs by Lisa Chell. One was the same Tongue Fu session that I had attended and the other was an interesting CD on concentration and memory, with some good tips on it. I played them in the car and they kept me company on the 3 hour drive home. :)

That evening I cut and sewed the outer border on the little quilt top. I think it looks quite nice with the pink stars and the pink border.  (In the photo the border looks paler and more washed out than in the actual quilt top.)

Now it's time to wash the kitchen floor again so that I can pin the little quilt top to the batting and backing, and start on the quilting process.  :)

Finding something that you love to do and can be passionate about is the secret to a happy retirement! ♡
Happy quilting to you all!

2 Comments:

At October 25, 2011 at 11:11 PM , Blogger Renae said...

Baby girl's quilt is coming along nicely! I love that they both get one and are similar enough to match their nursery. I think the turquoise border will look great.

 
At October 27, 2011 at 7:57 PM , Blogger CarolaD said...

Thanks, Sweetie! I like it, too. The window valance looks good, too. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home